Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bibliobloggers in Chicago?

I'm heading to Chicago this weekend for my fall break to go to the University of Chicago and chat with some professors about grad school there. This trip has been in the works for about a month now and I don't think a day goes by that I'm not completely stoked about it. Monday morning I'm sitting in on Hans-Josef Klauck's "Farewell Discourses in John" class, then I'm meeting with David Martinez, who is the head of a Ph.D program "New Testament and Early Christian Literature" (yes, please!), and in the afternoon I'm meeting with Margaret Mitchell, who is one of my favorite scholars of the early Church.

If anyone knows of some must-see places around the University, I'm all ears (I've heard there's a good bookstore). I'm all stomach if you can recommend a good restaurant nearby.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

go to the UIC ANE museum it i an absolute must in Chicago

Brian Small said...

There used to be a good used theological bookstore, Ex Libris Books, but it has been out of business for some time now.