Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Books!

I was back home in Raleigh this weekend to go to the State Fair (which is always loads of fun). As I was driving back to Greenville today, I stopped by my favorite used book store on the way out of town - Ed Mckay's Used Books and More. I spent an hour there looking over different books, met a guy named Rhett who's going into the priesthood next year, and found some great books like always:

Alister McGrath Christian Theology: An Introduction (2nd ed) - $6

Das Neue Testament/Le Nouveau Testament/The New Testament - $8

The Basic Sixteen Documents of Vatican Council II: Constitutions, Decrees, Declarations (ed. Austin Flannery, O.P.) - $5

Where else can you find these steals?! It's fantastic. If you're in Raleigh, absolutely check out this bookstore.

I also bought a couple of books on Amazon recently and am looking forward to digging into them:

Scheeben, Matthias Joseph, The Mysteries of Christianity - only $40!!!

I had to call my friend Chris Cuddy to make sure this was a good deal because it seemed too good to be true and I was pretty sure I remembered the book being much more expensive.

Finally: Bouyer, Louis, The Spirit and Forms of Protestantism - $10

I've read Bouyer's book before and it is phenomenal. It explains the philosophical current that was in Europe during the time of the Reformation and how it influenced Luther et al.

No comments: