Friday, January 16, 2009

Arrived Today: Brant Pitre's Jesus, the Tribulation, and the End of Exile


I have heard nothing but good things about this book, so when I arrived to SBL I was all set to buy it. I held off on getting it until the end of my trip and much to my chagrin, the book had been sold out. After a few days of sobbing, I pulled myself together and vowed that I would buy it after I began this spring semester. This is Pitre's dissertation, edited for publication with Baker Academic. He originally published it with Mohr Siebeck. As I read through it, I'll try and post some interesting things from the book.


Also in the mail today I received my Greek version of Sophocles' Antigone, the text we're translating for my Greek class this semester. If you're the praying type, I need some prayers on this one - I barely understand Poetry in English, much less in Greek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have a lot of fun in your Greek class, I'm sure! Greek drama is a riot and you'll get the hang of it quickly. Pick up the Bryn Mawr commentary if you haven't already (ISBN: 0929524330).